It was a battle, when I was shivering, shaking, terrified of something not quite defined, unknown and just out of view.
Now, habitually, I let go of trauma thoughts, unwanted emotions of anger, shame, guilt, or resentment, quickly.
It is like the taste of sour milk, putrid milk, sometimes the smell is plenty, a repulsive reaction is my visual, and letting go just happens.
This has been my most beneficial habit, developed for healing, but continued well past healed, to living mindfully as possible in this moment for me.
Small habits can turn life upside down, again!
Practice, make staying present habit. Give all effort to this skill, until it is habit and witness the change in you.
- OUR ADDICTION TO SUFFERING – WebInvestigator.KK.org – by F. Kaskais
- Himalayan Temples
- Wildmind Buddhist Meditation – Distinguishing thoughts and emotions
- The Original Resistance
- The Hindrance of Restlessness & Worry: Insight Meditation Center
- Do Mirror Neurons Give Us Empathy? | Greater Good Science Center
- Practice of metta and the English Problem, by John Aske – Buddhism now
- The path of mindfulness is the path of no preferences – Buddhism now
- “The Useless Tree” – Chuang Tzu
- Leading neuroscientists and Buddhists agree: “Consciousness is everywhere” – Lion’s Roar
- The Meaning of Life?
- 5 Secrets to Wu Wei, the Taoist Principle of Effortless Effort
- The Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum, by The Dalai Lama
- Buddhistdoor View: Rethinking Retirement | Buddhistdoor
- Cold Mountain: Chinese poet Han Shan — Buddhism now
- Wildmind Buddhist Meditation – Christmas for Buddhists
- Introduction to Emotions II
- Introduction to Emotions
- The morning after
- Our obsession with goals — Yoga & Joyful Living
- Why Spirituality is a Better Escape Than Drinking, Sex or Drugs. — The Inner Way
- Meditation and insomnia
- Finding Truth
- How I Discovered the Wisdom of the Tao
- …because Ego
- Tibetan Buddhism and research psychology: a match made in Nirvana?
- Are Extroverts Really Happier?
- The mind as the buddha-nature: The concept of the Absolute in Ch’an Buddhism
- The Taoist View of the Universe
- Tao Te Ching
- Buddhism vs. Jainism: A Comparative Analysis
- Beyond Boredom and Depression, by Ajahn Jagaro – Buddha’s world
- Buddhist View on Love and Attachment
- On being in the moment—with a little help from The Three Stooges.
- Being Awake, by John Snelling
- It’s OK to Disappoint People | Mike Robbins
- Learning or leaning? | Buddhism now
- War and Violence in Buddhist Philosophy
- Union of Energies
- Does a Dog have Buddha Nature?
- The Tyranny of Monotony
- Could All Really Come From Nothing?
- Tao – the Watercourse Way
- Lack of Self-Confidence
- From Mindless to Mindful
- Boredom is the last privilege of a free mind
- Buddhist Psychology – Institute for Zen Therapy
- Zen Sickness, by Zen Master Hakuin
- Mastering The Difficult Art Of Letting Go
- Illusion and truth are not two different things, by Shen Hui | Buddhism now
- How to Find Ease in the Turmoil of Life
- The path of mindfulness is the path of no preferences
- What really works? By Ajahn Sumedho
- Positive Psychology and the Buddhist Path of Compassion
- Metta gets betta
- Buddhism and Sex
- Awakening with Prozac
- When not to use meditation
- The Seat of Self and Consciousness in the Brain: A Buddhist Perspective
- The distribution of wealth in society
- The declining Tao of Confucianism
- What is there to grasp at?
- The Illusion of Individualism
- Is Life Passing You By?
- Living in a world that fuels anxiety
- Expanding the Present Moment
- Learning not to die
- The Tao of Boredom
- Pema Chodron on The Questionable Behavior of Trungpa Rinpoche
- Pythagoras in India
- A Philosopher On the Science vs. Religion Debate
- The Happiness Industry
- In Somnolent Mentation
- An Apparent Buddhist Explains Why They Don’t Dig Buddhism
- How to Do Nothing
- A 27-point Guide to Buddhism
- Ethical Suggestions of the Tao
- The Tyranny of Expectations
- Peter Coyote talks about his spiritual path from the Sixties to ‘E.T.’ and Zen Buddhism
- Practice not-doing
- Humour Towards Life
- Shambhala Sun endorses Ted Cruz for President – Lion’s Roar
- Zen or Nothing
- The self and other explosions | New Philosopher
- The virtue of patience
- A Buddhist View On Making Mistakes
- Like a handful of fallen leaves, by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu
- Beyond True and False in Buddhist Philosophy
- Time and Impermanence in Middle Way Buddhism and Modern Physics
- The Path of Wisdom, by Ajahn Sumedho
- Part 3 Zazenshin: Acupuncture Needle of Zazen, by Shohaku Okumura
- Rat race to the afterlife
- What Should I Do If My Boss Is a Bully?
- Finding a solution to the “Hard Problem”
- What’s to Forgive?
- Why Time Seems to Slow Down
- Happiness, and all that crap
- 10 Ways Our Minds Warp Time
- Intuitive Insight, by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu
- Alan Watts on the perils and pitfalls for Westerners of attempting to follow Eastern spiritual paths
- Does Philosophy Betray Both Reason and Humanity?
- Buddhist advice for worrywarts
- Back to the Present: How to Live in the Moment
- zen slap
- On the No Soul doctrine, the Self, and free will
- The news – why do we subject ourselves to it?
- A Discussion of the Afterlife
- Why I don’t Watch the News
- Reclaiming our Whole Psychic Estate
- The Tao of Taoism
- A Buddhist View of Individuals
- Scratching The Surface: Mindfulness and Zen
- Spirituality: The New Opiate of the People. (Pt. IIB)
- Buddhism, Suffering, and the new iPhone.
- Chuang Tzu | The Turtle
- Do Something Pointless
- Attachment, Relationships, and Misconceived Buddhism
- Overcoming Tiredness: the Sleepy Sutta
- Buddhism on Self-Confidence
- Philosophy – most rules have exceptions
- NKT Survivor activists informing the public about the New Kadampa Tradition at the University of London
- What is Buddhism?
- Kneeling in the Snow
- The Revelations of Marilynne Robinson
- The Source: Bodh Gaya (Expat Week #080)
- Why I Hope to Die at 75
- Creativity Without Grasping
- Tiny Houses and Religion
- Whipping the Donkey
- You are not broken and you don’t need to be fixed*
- Precept 5 – Drinking to Excess
- Resting in the Middle
- The Hindrance of Sloth and Torpor: Insight Meditation Center
- The Three Marks of Existence
- Peace found inside middle of Vietnam War
- Law suit against reality, by Ken Jones
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- Cultivating a Gratitude Practice
- Intimidation – the waterboarding of business
- Allowing things to sit
- Western Buddhism is Ageing
- 10 Powerful Benefits of Change
- Why we will come to see mindfulness as mandatory
- Making Feelings Your Friends
- Rushing toward happiness
- Merging Private Truths with your Public Life
- Realizing the Four Stages on the Path to Nirvana – For Dummies